Develop a common language and understanding of design thinking across your organization. This flexible, online experience introduces non-designers to the concepts of the design thinking process and offers designers a tried-and-tested approach to creative problem solving. Through five quick activities, you’ll walk away with a knowledge of how design thinking works and and how to apply these tools and processes to your own work. It’s the first step in unlocking your creative potential.
This workshop as it’s at IDEO.
Anyone in business or product managment
Receive a design thinking toolkit with tips and activities for continued practice on your own or with your team.
Learn design thinking, a process for creative problem solving.
- In this class, we focus on four main phases of design thinking: gather inspiration, generate ideas, make ideas tangible, and share the story.
- Getting started: Why design thinking matters today.
- Activity: Select the problem you’ll work on during the class.
Inspire new thinking by discovering what people really need.
Push past the obvious to get to breakthrough solutions.
Build rough prototypes to learn how to make ideas better.
- Case Study: Newsnaper
- Learn: Sketching
- Activity: Sketch to Think
Craft a human story to inspire others toward action.
- Case Study: PMAM
- Learn: Story Impact
- Activity: Share your idea in a story.
Why Take Design Thinking
Over the course of the class, you’ll tackle a problem by moving from a seed of an idea to building something tangible that you can share with others. Learn a process you can use to grow your creative skills and solve complex challenges. You’ll gain a toolkit to help you bring the methods and mindsets of design thinking into your workplace.
This Workshop Will Help You
– Establish a common language and process for creative problem solving.
– Apply the methods and mindsets of design thinking to your work.
– Practice the skills of design thinking through hands-on activities.
– Learn a methodology for creative problem solving that you can use again and again.
– Increase your confidence in your creative abilities.
Photos From Previous Events & Workshops
Instructor – Sultan Shalakhti
Architect of UX/CX, creator of digital products, and builder of brands.
ex-Yahoo / ex-Souq.com / Revamping some Arab influential online sites, like IKEA KSA, Jarir, Hanco KSA, Okath Newspaper, AlBaik, Matic UAE, ICT Qatar, Al Jazeera (key sites in MENA), handled and managed the creative for big projects; some examples are e-Morasalat KSA, Samsung, General Electric and Digital transformation in Saudi Ministry of Defense, Saudi Ministry of Health, Saudi Royal Diwan, Saudi HRDF and Ooredoo telecommunication company … to name a few.
A Mentor, A Coach, and A Speaker:
- Startup weekend Dubai & Amman.
- Lean Startup Machine
- Official Bootcamp Mentor with International Design Foundation (IDF) 🌍, and RookieUp NY 🌎 supporting more than 150+ Visual designers, UX designers to grow / Start their careers from all around the world.
- leading the Jordan 🇯🇴 chapter with Interaction Design Foundation (IxDA).